Loving ridin', like a fat kid loves cake!
home
RSS home|shop|galleries|calendar|racing|community|riding|workshop|scene

:: What's new? ...
:: Gallery Image ...
 Random Image...
Gallery 46 - 20 / 21
:: Search the site ...
Home Help Search Arcade Login Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: andorra dh  (Read 979 times)
mcdermott890
Junior

Respect: +0/-0

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« on: 7 Jul 05, 08:31 »

hi looking to put a holiday of dh next summer to andorra,been doing lesgets etc for the last 4 years.
does any1 have info about where the best dh resort,accom how to get there etc

please help as whistler costs to much when the little woman wants her beach hols 2

cheers simon
Downhill Ben
Junior

Respect: +0/-0

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jul 05, 12:30 »

Hiya. I havn't rode myself in Andorra, but i have skied in Pal-Arinsal and know that they use he lifts their in the summer. Also met Cedric Gracia there just after Christmas. Talked to him and he said he rode their. I stay in the crest hotel, and their is a lift about 30 metres from the hotel. Rnd 2 (i think) of the Maxxis Cup was held their last year.
Mr Irie Fish
Expert

Respect: +6/-5

Referrals:

team trespass watch out shady veteran d/h ers

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: 11 Jul 05, 17:11 »

i've just got back from the pyenees last week  ;D i spent a couple of days riding at La Massana,which is part of the Vallnord mountain park(which is the same area as Pal Arinsal) in Andorra,the new gondola goes more or less from the town centre and straight to the trails,i stuck to doing a couple(D2&D3) a few times as they were so long 20-30mins and i wanted to get familiar asap because time was a bit tight,the trails were best discribed as very technical single track with some great steep rocky chutes,it reminded me of the NEMBA trail at Wharncliff only a lot lot longer with lots of dust ;D i met a guy called Oscar who built the trails with Cedric Garcia and they run some kind of freeeride camp thing,he was really helpful and acted as guide for a run in his lunch break along with a french guy called Julian who fettles the hire bikes,the whole set up was excellent with good cheap food in the cafe at the top and they have big plans for mountain bikes including a couple of 4x tracks, oh and it was cool at the top 25c and about 35c at the bottom.
cheers Fish
« Last Edit: 11 Jul 05, 22:54 by Mr Irie Fish » Logged

bloody computers couldn't login as Mr Fish anymore, dunno why....timings slipped or summat.

http://www.trailblazerz.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Home Help Search Arcade Login Register
Get a free giffgaff Sim