home
RSS home|galleries|calendar|racing|riding|workshop|scene|forum

:: What's new? ...
:: Gallery Image ...
 Random Image...
Gallery 11 - 11 / 20
:: Search the site ...
Home Help Search Arcade Login Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Motorbikes in the Woods  (Read 24404 times)
simonm
WRC member
Elite

Respect: +33/-14

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: 18 Apr 06, 11:06 »

WRC Should write a letter to local police to start raising awareness. I'll start one then tweak it with you all.
Would deepcar be the best place to send the letter ? And a copy to the Star ?
chris.
WRC member
Elite

Respect: +56/-18

Referrals:

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: 18 Apr 06, 13:03 »

Probably deepcar and Hillsborough as there're a lot coming off Manchester Road into the woods or through Beely woods so obviously coming out of Hillsborough.

Saddle rAsh
Junior

Respect: +0/-0

Referrals:

I'm a slave to gravity!

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: 18 Apr 06, 13:12 »

From experience, if you're hoping to get something written up in "t'Star", you've got to do all the work for them.
They'll want an article that requires little editing / actual writing.

If poss, Include lots of quotes from track users / the FC / the WRC / the Police and name your sources.
Pictures may help also (sad looking kids frowning beside a damnaged track)  haha.
It's best to include the contact details for yourself and someone else should they require further information.

this idea could be counter-productive tho - you may actually bring the woods to the attention of more motorbike riding chavs.   

chris.
WRC member
Elite

Referrals:

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: 18 Apr 06, 14:07 »

From experience, if you're hoping to get something written up in "t'Star", you've got to do all the work for them.
They'll want an article that requires little editing / actual writing.

If poss, Include lots of quotes from track users / the FC / the WRC / the Police and name your sources.
Pictures may help also (sad looking kids frowning beside a damnaged track)  haha.
It's best to include the contact details for yourself and someone else should they require further information.

this idea could be counter-productive tho - you may actually bring the woods to the attention of more motorbike riding chavs.     
Sounds like the Peter kay sketch, going round hoilday flats finding a cockroach etc.
Maybe not...

It would really need to be an article telling people it is actually against the law with the backing of the police etc. to have any positive impact, otherwise it'd probably only get in as a letter of complaint.

si_hill
Senior

Respect: +5/-0

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: 18 Apr 06, 21:28 »

Think main base is ecclesfield
simonm
WRC member
Elite

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: 18 Apr 06, 23:14 »

would be a good start for the FC to add some no motorbikes signs around the woods at the obvious entry points. Heck, if the FC give us the signs we will install them during a dig day.
I can think of 1 sign in the whole of the woods that says no motorbikes and thats the entry to the chase.
oldenuf2knwbttr
Master

Respect: +6/-0

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: 14 May 06, 19:35 »

two incidents today with motorbikes
first was with two hooded youths riding past the jump spot, nothing new there but they started to yell at us something uniteligible! Wish i was closer cos a few words might of been exchanged.
2nd was four camo jacketed individuals on monkey bikes coming up from the railway lines, considering there was some rspca sponsored walk on today the user conflict defies belief.

Also as a side issue and i wont name names here, people are still exiting onto the fire road at the bottom of the jump spot at speed! You know who you are
chris.
WRC member
Elite

Referrals:

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: 14 May 06, 19:43 »

Yeah people need to stop blasting out onto the fireroad theres no excuse especially with all the stuff on the forum about relations with the FC and it is people that use the forum quite often from what i've seen.

Its bad enough having all the issues with motorbikes that we can't stop without creating our own problems especially when theres an organised walk going on aswell...

simonm
WRC member
Elite

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: 14 May 06, 22:04 »

got to get them exits sorted soon, FC are waiting for our leed.
ova da barz
Elite

Respect: +12/-5

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: 15 May 06, 11:47 »

i thought we were waiting for the god knows how many tons of rock to be dumped at the proposed berm sights, then we skin them.

i though this was gonna be after the felling that will be taking place, that effectively will decimate the jump spot, end of frastrak, leaving us with an open book to build and improve????
chris.
WRC member
Elite

Referrals:

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: 15 May 06, 13:08 »

I think Simon means they are waiting for our plans before they will provide anything.

As far as I know we will still be sorting the endings of Jumps and Fast track as the felling won't take place for a while but maybe that's at our discretion to sort the ending knowing it will be demolished?

Guess this is all the sort of stuff we need to meet about and get cleared up.

Dark Lord Chuckles
Elite

Referrals:

Freerider - Too fat for XC too $h!t for DH

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: 15 May 06, 18:32 »

Actually, I'm still waiting for feedback from the general proposal I sent in, but I feel that as the exits are top prioity to get sorted out we can start producing detailed plans for them.  The thinning work wont change anyhing other than the top soil and a few less trees, so that shouldn't make too much differance to the plans.  We just won't make propper fixes to the exits that are going to be crushed by felling machines.  Don't think Peatys and Nemba are affected, but may be wrong.

Your trails need you
  www.singletrAction.org.uk now includes new trail flavour - Wharncliffe.
                          >:D join up - cough up - turn up  >:D
simonm
WRC member
Elite

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: 18 Jun 06, 14:43 »

More clashes with riders today. I think there monkey bikes ? Bit larger than mini motos.
Almost had a coming together with them on plank gate, they swore at us as they finally decided which side to ride on.
Rerported it to the numbers above which was an answering machine.
simonm
WRC member
Elite

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: 22 Jun 06, 22:30 »

Good news on the motorbike front. Following my call last weekend I got a call back tonight from PC Tony Gillet from Deepcar station.
Thought I would share the good news with all.

The police in Deepcar, Oughtibridge and Hillsborough are well aware of the issue with bikes in Greno, WW and Wheatly. Steel Valley projects have been working over the last few months to start permenantly blocking access to areas for motorbikes.
In the last 3 weeks the police have issued over 40 ADM171 notices to MX riders. This notice is a warning that if another notice is presented then the bike is taken away with a 105 fine to recover + 12 per day for every day its not recovered.
Tony expressed that he would be very gratefull if anyone does see motor bike riders in the woods they do call the "Golden line number" which is 0114 296 4912 and report the details of who, number plates if any and most importantly as we can spot the difference between riders if they are MX with all the kit, Monkey bikes, kids etc.

With the notices given to MX riders  Tony said that people were traveling to WW from as far away as Stockport, Newcastle as they believed the woods were open to all motorbikes. He said once presented with the notice that all the MX riders were quick to txt / call freinds to explain that the woods were closed.

As Wharncliffe is on the border between four stations Tony is working on a joint operation, and has already spoken with Steel Valley projects and FC for there co-operation.

So all looks good on the motorbike front, its evident that if we raise the profile of the problem on the golden line then it will help Tony and his collegue PC Andy Reese help us.

cheers.

0114 296 4912
« Last Edit: 22 Jun 06, 22:32 by simonm » Logged
PaulE
Elite

Respect: +26/-7

Referrals:

Crash Test Dummy

View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: 22 Jun 06, 22:40 »

Cheers for that Simon - number is now in my mobile.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Home Help Search Arcade Login Register