home
RSS home|galleries|calendar|racing|riding|workshop|scene|forum

:: What's new? ...
:: Gallery Image ...
 Random Image...
Gallery 1 - 33 / 34
:: Search the site ...
Home Help Search Arcade Login Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Motorbikes in the Woods  (Read 24402 times)
simonm
WRC member
Elite

Respect: +33/-14

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« Reply #30 on: 22 Jun 06, 22:52 »

no problem....simonm changes name to super grass
sideburn
Senior

Respect: +6/-1

Referrals:

I'm a slave to gravity!

View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: 23 Jun 06, 09:47 »

At last!
I must have called the Hillsborough number 20 times with limited success.
I was in the woods on Tues, and I saw three quadbikes, all riders giving me gnarly looks. Sooner or later there is going to be an incident, probably with a horse getting spooked and the rider falling off and getting hurt, or a fight between riders and bikers. The thing that does my skull in is the noise pollution. I know that there is a road nearby, but that fades into the background, but motorbikes sound like whining chainsaws, and it just torques me off.
I wonder whether this response has come from all the riders ringing the police in the past. I heard that logged calls are treated as a crime (albeit a low priority one), and if there are no 'arrests' it goes down as unsolved. So their unsolved crime statistics must be looking pretty bad.
Anyway this is definitely a step in the right direction and the police should be applauded for this action. They need to start confiscating bikes for real results, though.
Thanks to Simon
simonm
WRC member
Elite

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« Reply #32 on: 23 Jun 06, 13:34 »

Yes Sideburn, Tony Gillet  said the response is a direct result of the number of calls to the Goldenline number, Hes pretty happy at the level of detail and helping to raise awareness in  something he was obviously concerned about.

« Last Edit: 23 Jun 06, 13:36 by simonm » Logged
simonm
WRC member
Elite

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« Reply #33 on: 3 Aug 06, 23:47 »

LOL, spotted one in woods on Tuesday night, MX bike riden by 15 year old chav. Registration was hung on with string. Phone number above, turns out the registration was from on 05 Red Nissan Micra !!!!
sideburn
Senior

Referrals:

I'm a slave to gravity!

View Profile Email
« Reply #34 on: 4 Aug 06, 09:56 »

Hey, I was up there on Tues night, and I was thinking I hadn't seen any motorbikes for a while. I wonder whether calling that number has made a real difference here. At the top carpark I did notice two wasters on minibikes, but that was all. I didn't hear this other guy.
Rotherham has started a new confiscation initiative, let's hope it spills over to Sheffield.
simonm
WRC member
Elite

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« Reply #35 on: 4 Aug 06, 12:31 »

New goverment initiative is to scrap bikes more quickly.

To be honest ive noticed a marked reduciton in bikes in the woods, especially suprising since its holiday time. One great help in stopping bikes have been the fences that Steel Valley have put up at the top of the woods.
sideburn
Senior

Referrals:

I'm a slave to gravity!

View Profile Email
« Reply #36 on: 14 Aug 06, 21:37 »

I was out at the weekend and I didn't hear any motorbikes. I wonder if they have been scared off. Is there a website equivalent to Gravity Slaves that caters to these guys, I would be interested to see what their forums say about the whole deal.
malco
Global Moderator
Expert

Respect: +11/-1

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« Reply #37 on: 15 Aug 06, 12:08 »

Unfortunately they were out again on Sunday. You could hear them tearing around and you could see the damage they'd done to the bottom fireroad. Will have to take the number out with me next time.

malco
Global Moderator
Expert

Respect: +11/-1

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« Reply #38 on: 15 Aug 06, 12:13 »

Also, forgot to mention:

Not sure if it's the motorbikes but the lip has been pulled off (rocks and all) the hip on diamondback and also the drop halfway up, there was also damage to bits of the other tracks too.  >:(

oldenuf2knwbttr
Master

Respect: +6/-0

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« Reply #39 on: 15 Aug 06, 20:42 »

Saw some sunday afternoon late on, reckon it was the quad bikers that i saw before. BUt sounded like other mx bikes higher up int woods.
Anthony
Master

Respect: +16/-0

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« Reply #40 on: 19 Aug 06, 19:51 »

I was up today and just as we were going home i saw a man on a orange KTM, in the top car park,then a van pulled up and there were two more mini moto's and younger lad on a quad,they looked as though they all were all meeting in the top car park.

Tommi HXH
Expert

Respect: +8/-2

Referrals:

How exactly did I manage THAT?

View Profile Email
« Reply #41 on: 21 Aug 06, 15:21 »

Aye, I saw them buggers on the minimoto's yesterday. Made a right racket through the woods. Annoying little baskets, There should be a confiscation policy anyway regardless of region. There are that many unliscensed dangerous moto-x/minimoto riders about even in town!

... but of course at the time I was very drunk!
simonm
WRC member
Elite

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« Reply #42 on: 21 Aug 06, 15:44 »

I dont the FC has put NO MOTORBIKE Signs yet......so its no wonder really. So much for Hillsboroughs push
sayntmatt
Expert

Respect: +28/-44

Referrals:

I'm a fat slave to gravity!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #43 on: 8 May 07, 15:46 »

Seen a lot of police in the woods as of late but having said that there seems to be more motorbikers than ever at the moment!! It seems the police arent very effective at stopping them!

Everyones favourite Ho!
simonm
WRC member
Elite

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« Reply #44 on: 8 May 07, 16:01 »

weekday evenings are a nightmare for them. Last Thursday 4/6 in the woods. Wouldnt want to have a word with the riders though, I swear some we saw near diamond back had escaped from a mad max film.

The council have added a M/Bike trap at the top carpark. Adjacent to the barrier that is always unlocked....glad I pay my council tax !
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Home Help Search Arcade Login Register