Loving ridin', like a fat kid loves cake!
home
RSS home|galleries|calendar|racing|riding|workshop|scene|forum

:: What's new? ...
:: Gallery Image ...
 Random Image...
Gallery 89 - 2 / 19
:: Search the site ...
Home Help Search Arcade Login Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Motorbikes in the Woods  (Read 24395 times)
simonm
WRC member
Elite

Respect: +33/-14

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« Reply #60 on: 12 Nov 07, 13:54 »

cool, more reports the better.
SV500
Expert

Respect: +10/-1

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« Reply #61 on: 14 Nov 07, 22:16 »

i was up over wc last tuesday and saturday,both days i heard the sound of bikes
1'st time down at the middle lane end of the top woods and on saturday somewhere toward the top of xc section 3/4
the later could'v been the nearby farmer,i couldn't see anyone (i rode section 4)
also noticed at the top of sec 3 (stone fire place area) 2 branches tied to trees(seats) with a new fire place in the middle,
just thought of giving you a heads up

went up today and found the fc has been cutting back on the undergrowth at the sides of the tracks,maybe it was that that i could hear,
as for the fireplace,it seems there may have been a bit of a bonfire party going on
http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/2760/stonete3.jpg
http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/7438/seatiy6.jpg

JJ..
« Last Edit: 14 Nov 07, 22:18 by SV500 » Logged

aint no speed limt where im comin from . . lets hit the highway doing 69
sayntmatt
Expert

Respect: +28/-44

Referrals:

I'm a fat slave to gravity!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #62 on: 20 Feb 08, 17:09 »

Nevermind the motorbikes did anyone else see the golf buggy being driven around with "yoofs" hanging off it last saturday?

Everyones favourite Ho!
simonm
WRC member
Elite

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« Reply #63 on: 20 Feb 08, 17:28 »

lmao ! realy !!  wonder where they nicked that from....
sayntmatt
Expert

Respect: +28/-44

Referrals:

I'm a fat slave to gravity!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #64 on: 20 Feb 08, 18:00 »

I have no idea? I wonder where they enetered the woods too?

Everyones favourite Ho!
SV500
Expert

Respect: +10/-1

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« Reply #65 on: 30 Jan 09, 22:33 »

just a heads up,
ive been over to wc 4 times this past week and 3 of those rides ive seen or heard the sounds of bikes,
there's been a quad in use over at grenowoods,they've pushed past the fence to get in,after using the top of wheata woods (the old bmx drop track area)
that area was supposed to be left alone by everyone was it not ? well now its pretty carved up,

today i saw a young lad on a bike (no7 on the front) doing the top of the woods,making a right mess of the paths,he was looking over his shoulder as he rounded the bend and only saw me at the last moment  ::)
there was a large group of mountain bikers in the top car park with a couple of vans etc (he disappeared into the crowd)

as the whole place is pretty soaked at the mo,its not taking much to rip the paths up,
just thought id let you know guys,

JJ..

aint no speed limt where im comin from . . lets hit the highway doing 69
antigee
Junior

Respect: +1/-0

Referrals:

old trail rider and runner

View Profile Email
« Reply #66 on: 10 Feb 09, 12:00 »

"there's been a quad in use over at grenowoods"

with the snow it was pretty obvious how the quad was bypassing the posts in front of the horse barrier at the far end of wheata wood (tpt) off the woodhead road - sent a pic of the tracks to Sheffield Council who i believe manage this part of the woods suggesting adding one more post would plug this gap - though its a bit like sticking your finger in a dyke  -  old joke;)

**update Sheffield Council replied to say will be sending an Engineer to exam this access point to see what can be done without hindering other users**

and by the way there was a letter in Look Local last week - a free local advertising paper, widely distributed in northern sheffield urging users of Wharncliffe Woods to ring 101 and/or the Deepcar police goldenline to report off road bike/quads in the woods
« Last Edit: 10 Feb 09, 13:26 by antigee » Logged

to be worn out is to be renewed
Kuhi
Junior

Respect: +0/-0

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« Reply #67 on: 10 Feb 09, 18:43 »

**update Sheffield Council replied to say will be sending an Engineer to exam this access point to see what can be done without hindering other users**

The gate at the end of Greno Gate has been broken for about 2 years now. Obviously although there is a bike gate and horse gate, no-one uses them. Seems to me that if they have dead ends that force them to re-trace their steps they would be less keen to use motorbikes in there. It's back on fixmystreet having disappeared once already. It's managed by Fountains Forestry and privately owner (up for sale). They seem pretty complacent.

The police were called to a group of 6 motorbikers in Greno wood recently. They found them at the local pub and told them they were not supposed to be in the woods. I suspect they knew that already though!

Kuhi
antigee
Junior

Respect: +1/-0

Referrals:

old trail rider and runner

View Profile Email
« Reply #68 on: 11 Feb 09, 13:22 »

Hi Kuhi i contacted    PublicRightsofWay@sheffield.gov.uk as this was specifically a Trans Pennine Trail - also sent grid reference and photo of the problem - might be worth giving it go or ask the question to them about who is responsible - seems a waste of money putting in barriers that are ineffective - agree not practical to plug every gap but anything that makes access awkward helps especially at such an obvious entry point

well at least the Police did something and it does act as a warning to others - personally i'd like to see some pic's on the local news of bikes/quads going in the crusher - won't impact the kids but some of the guys i've seen have good kit and as you say know the law

to be worn out is to be renewed
craigevans
WRC member
Master

Respect: +10/-2

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« Reply #69 on: 23 Mar 09, 16:02 »

getting make loving ridiculous now there were about 6 motorbikes and 8 quads on the bottom fire road near nemba this sunday, they were blasting along back and forth at what looked like about 60 mph. if anyone were to have been hit someone would be dead, and when me and james decided to go home we walked as far in the edge as possible and everyone of them got as close as they could as if to intimidate us. when we got to the split in the fire road just after waterfall and no human we found the quads had formed a line across it so we could barely fit through, they gave us dirty looks especially that meaty bastard on the quad.

something neads to be done about this its not just annoying anymore its dangerous
simonm
WRC member
Elite

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« Reply #70 on: 23 Mar 09, 16:26 »

sent a note to FE...again..
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Home Help Search Arcade Login Register