home
RSS home|galleries|calendar|racing|riding|workshop|scene|forum

:: What's new? ...
:: Gallery Image ...
 Random Image...
Gallery 25 - 17 / 23
:: Search the site ...
Home Help Search Arcade Login Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Just started at sheffield uni  (Read 2953 times)
Charlieboyy
Junior

Respect: +0/-0

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« on: 25 Sep 08, 19:35 »

My bike should be gettin brought up this weekend, i'm just lookin for people to ride with basically cos i don't know anyone up here. I've been and looked at bolehills though, looks good and i've heard theres a pretty big riding scene in Sheffield

-Charlie-
paddysheffdirt
Expert

Respect: +13/-3

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: 25 Sep 08, 21:55 »

wat your pref in ridin buddy..bolehills a good base for the ridin scene in sheffield as the SDS carry many world titles in all things bikes.
most of us up at the hills are multi disapline riders,bmx,4x,xc,dh and razzing in them woods.
the time has come for lights now

Charlieboyy
Junior

Respect: +0/-0

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: 26 Sep 08, 07:55 »

I mainly ride 4X, and a little street although my hardtail isn't set up very well for street. I'm lookin at getting a bmx to do some more street and park riding eventually though

-Charlie-
tracknicholas
Press!
Master

Respect: +4/-5

Referrals:

I'm a slave to gravity!

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: 26 Sep 08, 09:43 »

that there street and what not will never catch on. You'll soon be Succumbing to a nice bit of woodsy xc/playing, and a fair old amount of time at good old bolehills.

paddy's right. if you wanna meet folks, head up to bolehills any day of the week (after work mind) and you'll meet some friendly chaps that will no doubt have more riding plans in the following week than you can shake a stick at.
Phil
Administrator
Elite

Respect: +112/-14

Referrals:

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: 26 Sep 08, 09:58 »

Welcome to Sheffield and more riding than you can shake a stick at!  Bolehills is where it's at to meet folk and plan whatever you want from track road trips (that reminds me, we've gotta get on that again soon!) to all day Peak rides.  If you fancy setting your bike up for XC, get some lights, there's some great night riding to be had!  Not that you've got work to get in the way (make the most of that!).

BMX is the way for street and park, there's a few concrete parks about from Devvy Green in town to Cookson park.  If you want a cheap but wicked trick BMX, drop me a PM!

paddysheffdirt
Expert

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: 30 Sep 08, 19:11 »

will you be doing chicky in a few weeks

coldtea
Elite

Respect: +19/-4

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: 1 Oct 08, 12:59 »

there's usually a few street & BMX riders in the uni club too and its a good way to meet people who can ride on a Wednesday, they've also organised a few trips to bike friendly skate parks and such.  But you'll get more out of the riding scene if you expand your horizons beyond the uni club - and this site is a great place to keep your finger on the pulse.

Its just about having fun on a bike
paddysheffdirt
Expert

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: 7 Oct 08, 23:20 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXeF_Lrt27o

just a little thing of wat goes on in the hood

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: