home
RSS home|galleries|calendar|racing|riding|workshop|scene|forum

:: What's new? ...
:: Gallery Image ...
 Random Image...
Gallery 83 - 45 / 77
:: Search the site ...
Home Help Search Arcade Login Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Section 4  (Read 1805 times)
SV500
Expert

Respect: +10/-1

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« on: 13 Dec 09, 17:09 »

I went up yesterday (sat) and had a quick look round,I see the line is emerging better than I thought it would have,I shifted a few branches/small logs and lined them up with the side of the new line,but its still hard to make out,
Its as slippery as hell (although I have got my thin semi slicks on  ::) ;)) so I only went onto the start of the rock garden and back again,
Only real point is the small gully that needs a little bridge of some kind to ride over,

I know its still heading toward worse weather to come but Im actualy itching to get riding the XC in full again,

I havn't been as far as the bottom part of section 5 for a while,does anyone know of any lines emerging there ?

Hopefully Il be back to the bigger tyres soon,so Il be having a good looksy round then,

JJ..

aint no speed limt where im comin from . . lets hit the highway doing 69
simonm
WRC member
Elite

Respect: +33/-14

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: 13 Dec 09, 22:55 »

surprised there is a gully that wasnt bridged before, sound more like on thats been demolished. There was one I recall just after the clearing before the start of the rocky section.... I wonder if the time off has done section 4 some good... thinking about that, I think it would really benefit not to open up section 4 until the winter has well and truly passed.
SV500
Expert

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: 14 Dec 09, 18:23 »

Theres is a small bridge just before the entry into the trees (start of the rocks) this one is a little further out,it maybe one created by the diggers,or thinking about it maybe the old line still has an original bridge but is simply obscured by the logging debri's,
Its obvious people are still riding the section,but the rock section is well wet and muddy  ::) ;)

Ive been sticking to the road for the last few months  :)

JJ..

simonm
WRC member
Elite

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: 15 Dec 09, 10:09 »

it always needed a few hundred barrow loads of surfacing between the rocks...
SV500
Expert

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: 16 Dec 09, 17:36 »

I hate to ask,but whats the chance that the FC will be doing something to help re: the xc route etc ?

I mean a while back there was mention of possible funding,or won't this ever happen ??

JJ..

simonm
WRC member
Elite

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: 16 Dec 09, 20:53 »

there is a long term plan now to apply for funding and develop the XC... I've no idea of time frame though, bank on 2 to 3 years before something starts to happen.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Home Help Search Arcade Login Register
Get a free giffgaff Sim