home
RSS home|galleries|calendar|racing|riding|workshop|scene|forum

:: What's new? ...
:: Gallery Image ...
 Random Image...
Gallery 16 - 12 / 28
:: Search the site ...
Home Help Search Arcade Login Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Farmer Johns  (Read 1921 times)
eddy@usmbc
Senior

Respect: +3/-1

Referrals:

should really be doing some real work

View Profile WWW Email
« on: 18 Jan 10, 19:47 »

FYI anyone who knows of or rides at Farmer Johns.

There is an important meeting this Sunday at 11am up the farm to discuss the future of the tracks.

Issues have arose with the local authority and John needs all the (literally hundreds) of riders who have rode there over the past few years to go up and support the cause.

I will keep the full details for John to explain, and its not the end of things for the venue either, but please please please go up and show your support (otherwise when you rock up in summer wanting a ride you may get a frosty reception!)

Anyone who doesn't know about the farm please respect and understand that we can't go out giving information about the spot on a public discussion board.  In addition, given the above, its probably not a good idea promoting the spot at this stage

Eddy
(dirt jump builder and expert tea drinker)
« Last Edit: 18 Jan 10, 19:48 by eddy@usmbc » Logged

simonm
WRC member
Elite

Respect: +33/-14

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jan 10, 20:05 »

How come a local authority getting mits on riding on private land (with owners permission) ?  hope you get it all resolved.
Phil
Administrator
Elite

Respect: +112/-14

Referrals:

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: 18 Jan 10, 21:13 »

Hi Eddy,

I'd love to make it over and support but I'll be away with work and can't make it there in person.  If there's any other way I can make my opinion count, like an email or letter of support or call to someone on the council then please let me know! I'd hate to see John having problems and also hate frosty locals on my bi-annual trip over (I did take part in the night time chainsaw / telegraph pole /  bridge building activities early doors after all!)

eddy@usmbc
Senior

Referrals:

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: 18 Jan 10, 23:07 »

The issues are to do with structures not tracks, and the LA are being very realistic and understanding about the situation thus far.  I think a show of support is what is needed for John who has invested a lot in the facility and tracks.

The captain
Junior

Respect: +1/-1

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: 24 Jan 10, 10:10 »

Hope you get plenty of suport on your mission. Me & my lot of muppets would like to help but dont know where it is & like you said its probably not the best time not to say.       

Thats one of the problems, who do you tell about these tracks???? Its like the sheep skull track race. We have rode up there for years but have been told not to by "Roger the Ranger"(the angryist man in the world) so not wanting to fick it up for everyone else stopped! Then find out there has been (what looks like) one of the most fun races, EVER!!!!

Its probably cos im a bit of a caveman (ug ug) & my life doesnt revolve around computers so i cant get to check the forums out as much as id like but its a pain in the butt to keep finding out about stuff to late!

Anyway ive done my moaning for today & besides my steam powerd laptop needs more juice so off to shovel more coal!
eddy@usmbc
Senior

Referrals:

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: 24 Jan 10, 21:21 »

I know what you mean, but tbh its like a battle to keep people posting directions up on the internet.  I know a lot of people know where the spot is but I think it would be best if kept on the low key.  Going off what has been said at the meeting today John is taking donations of 10 (or more if you value the facilities!) towards paying for the planning submission.  Its hoped that this will be the end of the issue with the LA and everyone can get back on to riding rather than worrying.

Anyone who rides should get in touch with John and offer your support, I mean 10 is three pints in some bars these days, and you will get a lot more enjoyment from this tenner!  The rest of things needed to keep this spot going our down to the individuals, things like not pissing of the neighbours by shouting or driving at 50mph around the nearby lanes.  Am not saying people are currently doing this up the farm but I know of other places that have been shut down for similar reasons!

Phil
Administrator
Elite

Respect: +112/-14

Referrals:

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: 27 Jan 10, 12:52 »

Now that kind of support I can do.  I'll gladly drop FJ a line and hook him up in return for the good times I've had in his woods!

Is he going to install a Blue Peter style fund-thermometer in the hut? :D

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Home Help Search Arcade Login Register