home
RSS home|galleries|calendar|racing|riding|workshop|scene|forum

:: What's new? ...
:: Gallery Image ...
 Random Image...
Gallery 43 - 8 / 15
:: Search the site ...
Home Help Search Arcade Login Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Follow Me Mountain Bike Film Tour UK - The Collective are back  (Read 2458 times)
SANNY
Junior

Respect: +0/-0

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« on: 27 Mar 10, 23:38 »

Hi folks

Attached is a press release in respect of the upcoming cinema tour of the film Follow Me form the guys behing The Collective.

Feel free to mail me at Sannyatsingletrackworld.com for more info, to bring the tour to your area etc.

Cheers

Sanny

“Follow Me” mountain bike film tour of UK and Ireland

First dates announced

Press release 1 issued 25th April 2010

The Glasgow International Bike Film Festival have announced initial dates for the forthcoming UK and Ireland cinema tour of the new film from the team behind The Collective, Roam and Seasons. Following on from the sell out success of Seasons in 2008, this year’s tour will be supported by Red Bull, giving access to more venues than ever before, including Ireland for the very first time.

The first release from the crew’s new company Anthill Films, Follow
Me takes the viewer inside the action, capturing the unique perspectives and HD imagery the crew is famous for.

The Film

Featuring British rider and 2008 UCI DH World Champion Gee Atherton amongst a host of familiar faces, Follow Me is a modern portrait of mountain bike lifestyle, getting back to basics and reminding us why we all love to ride bikes. Breaking from the traditional single rider format, Follow Me is based on the idea that “no one rides alone”; mixing and matching the world’s best downhillers, freeriders and slopestylers in some of the best places to ride on the planet.
Think back‐yard sessions, ripping local trails, training bike parks, epic road trips and heli drops. Follow Me is all about good times, pushing limits with your friends, crazy adventures and most importantly having fun your bike.
Follow Me will change the way you see mountain bike films and get you stoked to get off the couch and ride!
Riders: Gee Atherton, Sam Hill, Darren Berrecloth, Ben Boyko, Brendan Fairclough, Geoff Gulevich, Matt Hunter, Cam McCaul, Brandon Semenuk, Steve Smith, Kurt Sorge,Thomas Vanderham

The Tour

The tour kicks off with the European Cinema premiere at the Glasgow Film Theatre (www.gft.org.uk) on Tuesday 27th April 2010. This will be the first opportunity to see the film anywhere in Europe and will be shown as a double bill feature with Seasons. It will also be the first ever HD screening of a mountain bike film in Europe. Tickets are already on sale on line or from the Box Office for the Glasgow, Leeds and London screenings with the rest going on sale over the next few days.

After that, the tour will take in the whole of the UK and Ireland with screenings of Follow Me being shown with either The Collective or Seasons depending on the venue.

Dates already confirmed below with new dates being added daily. A regularly updated list of dates and locations can be found at www.anthillfilms.com/followme.php and clicking on the Tour option.

To view the trailer, click on www.anthillfilms.com/followme.php and click on the Teaser option.

Dates already confirmed

City      Venue      Date      Box Office           Website

Glasgow   GFT      27th April   0141 332 6535       www.gft.org.uk

Machynlleth   Dyfi Enduro   1st/2nd May   01970 626 061      www.summitcycle.co.uk

Sheffield   Showroom   13th May   0114 275 7727   www.showroomworkstation.org.uk

London    Prince Charles 26th May   020 7494 3654   www.princecharlescinema.com
      Cinema

Leeds       Hyde Park    4th June   0113 275 2045   www.hydeparkpicturehouse.co.uk
      Picture House

Ambleside   Zeffirellis   13th June   015394 33845         www.zeffirellis.com
                           www.biketreks.net

Dundee   DCA      15th June   01382 909 900   www.dca.org.uk

Dublin      Lighthouse   16th June      (Ire)01 879 7601   www.lighthousecinema.ie

Stirling    MacRobert   24th June   01786 466 666        www.macrobert.org

Nottingham   Broadway   June TBC   0115 952 6000       www.broadway.org.uk

Inverness   Eden Court   June TBC   01463 234 234   www.eden-court.co.uk

Edinburgh   Filmhouse   June TBC   0131 228 2688   www.filmhousecinema.com

Dates to be confirmed for Bristol, Bath, Devon, Newcastle, Aberdeen, Belfast and Liverpool. Check out www.anthillfilms.com/followme.php for regular updates as new dates and venues are added.

;D
DannyP
WRC member
Master

Respect: +10/-1

Referrals:

I'm no slave to gravity!

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: 28 Mar 10, 08:46 »

Awesome!

Can't wait to see this, gonna get some tickets for showroom screening asap

SANNY
Junior

Respect: +0/-0

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: 28 Mar 10, 20:17 »

I meant to say that I'm planning to tour Lifecycles later in the year too if things go to plan.

Cheers

Sanny
Phil
Administrator
Elite

Respect: +112/-14

Referrals:

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: 30 Apr 10, 12:24 »

Excellent, looking forward to it!

simonm
WRC member
Elite

Respect: +33/-14

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: 4 May 10, 20:17 »

I'm going on 13th, anyone else going to this ?
craigevans
WRC member
Master

Respect: +10/-2

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: 5 May 10, 11:55 »

think i will be si
DannyP
WRC member
Master

Respect: +10/-1

Referrals:

I'm no slave to gravity!

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: 6 May 10, 00:04 »

Me fo sure  ;)

matt_h
Parkwood Rider
Elite

Respect: +14/-3

Referrals:

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: 6 May 10, 21:42 »

There's quite a few of us going
simonm
WRC member
Elite

Respect: +33/-14

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: 6 May 10, 23:17 »

cool, see you in the bar then
Phil
Administrator
Elite

Respect: +112/-14

Referrals:

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: 9 May 10, 18:16 »

In a better late than never stylee, here's the same article as above but formatted with a link to the trailer and shot of the cover so you know it when you see the film on the shelves in the shop!

http://www.gravity-slaves.co.uk/?a=523

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Home Help Search Arcade Login Register
Get a free giffgaff Sim