RSS home|galleries|calendar|racing|riding|workshop|scene|forum

:: What's new? ...
:: Gallery Image ...
 Random Image...
Gallery 21 - 34 / 49
:: Search the site ...
TF Tuned
Home Help Search Arcade Login Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ride Sheffield Social - 1st November  (Read 2000 times)
Phil
Administrator
Elite

Respect: +112/-14

Referrals:

View Profile WWW Email
« on: 27 Oct 10, 15:08 »

Here’s a date for you diary from Henry @ Ride Sheffield....

1st of November at 7.30pm in the Lescar we are going to be having a meeting/social/bike quiz

Representatives from Eastern Moors Partnership and Parks and Countryside will be coming to explain their plans to develop the Eastern Moors and the trails development around Parkwood Springs. There will also be a chance to discuss plans for Greno Woods and Lady Canning Plantation, Fox Hagg and anything else you want to chat about.

But to soften you up, we will also be having a bike related quiz -  with lots of cool prizes to be won, donated from local bike shops.

If that wasn’t enough; if you have any bike bits you want to get rid of, but never got them on ebay, bring them along with you. We’ll be having a little bike jumble sale at the start

7.30pm – Arrive + Bike Jumble
8.00pm – Meeting

·        Eastern Moors Partnership

·        Parkwood Springs Development (Parks and Woodland)

·        Greno Woods – Developing and funding

·        Fox Hagg- Where we are at

·        Lady Canning – Potential Development

·        AOB

9.00pm Quiz

If you have anything you want raising, please let us know

See you there

Thanks

Ride Sheffield

chris.
WRC member
Elite

Respect: +56/-18

Referrals:

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: 31 Oct 10, 21:23 »

Who bought Greno?
Heard rumours of SWT but they've nowt on the website etc.
Can anyone shed some light on it?

richimpulse
Dis Dirt
WRC member
Elite

Respect: +24/-8

Referrals:

Dirt Development

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: 31 Oct 10, 21:35 »

SWT have the main involvement as far as I know Chris, they have 2 years to pay back the loan on the lease or something along those lines. This is from their site: http://www.wildsheffield.com/Sheffield/FolderMenu/content12.aspx?id=402
And the main greno website here: http://www.grenowoods.com/

Rich
« Last Edit: 31 Oct 10, 21:37 by richimpulse » Logged

simonm
WRC member
Elite

Respect: +33/-14

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: 1 Nov 10, 17:16 »

I think the offer is  on the table for everyone to buy a bit of it ;-)
Phil
Administrator
Elite

Referrals:

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: 2 Nov 10, 10:41 »

Rich is dead on - the site was bought for them and they have 2 years to pay back the million quid in order to take control of the site.  There's not likely to be much progress from a riding point of view for the next year as the Wildlife Trust are trying to raise the cash.

Last night's social was excellent, a really good update on all live issues facing riders in the area.  I'll ask Henry if I can post a summary.

The quiz was great - Matt's geeky, bordering on scary, knowledge of matching rider and section to a tune got us top spot and netted the team a whole bunch of kit from Eighteen bikes, Bike Tree, Edinburgh Bike Collective and Smartwool.  Good haul!

chris.
WRC member
Elite

Respect: +56/-18

Referrals:

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: 2 Nov 10, 21:37 »

So they will be thinning the place to fu*k trying to scrape out every last bit of timber with any value for chip etc in 2 years probably?
Only to realise theres nowhere near a million quids worth of timber and they lose most of the profit paying a contractor as they don't have their own equipment.....
Or am I being a pesimist, I do hope so but they seem far more geared up towards conservation volunteering that turning £500 000 profit per year from a fairly small wood....

simonm
WRC member
Elite

Respect: +33/-14

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: 3 Nov 10, 10:05 »

sounds great Phil, Henry has really got something going well there. Great that there maybe finally a SINGLE voice for riders in the Sheffield area.  I even noticed one or two DH groups joining in with the group.
What was said about Wharncliffe btw ?
Phil
Administrator
Elite

Referrals:

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: 3 Nov 10, 15:22 »

Only Wharncliffe reference was the UCI DH standard training track and uplift that's going to be built, starting at the cafe in the top car park.

Joking!

There is talk underway to re-open the access across the railway as this is a long standing right of way that was there before the developer bought the land.

I hope it's reopened - beats parking in Intermet or legging it across the bridge.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Home Help Search Arcade Login Register
Get a free giffgaff Sim