RSS home|galleries|calendar|racing|riding|workshop|scene|forum

:: What's new? ...
:: Gallery Image ...
 Random Image...
Gallery 55 - 5 / 15
:: Search the site ...
TF Tuned
Home Help Search Arcade Login Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Race tape Fast track  (Read 1866 times)
jimbo C
WRC member
Expert

Respect: +13/-6

Referrals:

zesty mofo

View Profile WWW Email
« on: 7 Jan 11, 20:58 »

aup guys seems like  a long time since ive been on here, well not since dig days and wharncliffe once again went unofficial.

Anyway im here to winge and complain seems like a good way to kick of the new year. All for people organising local races in wharncliffe think its brilliant and understand that the hallam uni guys recently held a time trial and the urban extremist peeps have a little series going on.

But anyway who ever decided to tape fast track out and then spray paint in yellow on the floor the track boundries wasnt the brightest spark. I think putting tape up for the race is good not nessacary as everyone who enters knows the track, but its a good idea none the less. BUT PLEASE TAKE THE F*CKING TAPE DOWN AFTER. The tape is in full view of the main fire road/trans penine trail and dont the forestry will be best impressed as downhill is more tollerated than anything in wharncliffe.

Sorry to winge happy new year.
 :)
craigevans
WRC member
Master

Respect: +10/-2

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: 7 Jan 11, 21:15 »

i agree with james forestry arent keen on downhill as it is so leaving tape that is going to get snapped and dragged all over the woods, aswell as all the litter that has been chukked all over jump track and other tracks isnt the best way to keep them happy.

spray paint on trees and on the floor isnt needed either why do the trees need to have ( u x ) written on them all the way down fastrack
AndyD
Junior

Respect: +1/-2

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: 8 Jan 11, 16:44 »

Well said Jimbo, went last week and it makes the place look a mess, not a good way to keep the woods as a tolerated riding spot.  I guess U X on the trees is for Urban Extremist?  If so, these extremists should clean up after themselves and not jeopordise everyone elses riding for their little race series. 

Some of the spray painted arrows at the top of fast track are comical, if you can't figure out which way this section goes, then I question whether you should be riding at all.

I'm all for mates races, but as long as they only leave tyre marks. 
simonm
WRC member
Elite

Respect: +33/-14

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: 10 Jan 11, 16:24 »

sent a polite email to the guys at UX to see if it was them and asking for a quick tidy up after races to keep the place good for everyone to ride.
simonm
WRC member
Elite

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: 11 Jan 11, 10:15 »

Spoke to Trevor via  email, he apologises about leaving the tape up / Spraying.

Go easy on the them guys, there just trying to ride / race like everyone else, not like they murdered a badger ;-)

Wharncliffe would have benifited as a whole if everyone had just taken it a bit easy with each other..... same old story up there.

His events sound very good, has anyone raced  ?
jimbo C
WRC member
Expert

Respect: +13/-6

Referrals:

zesty mofo

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: 12 Jan 11, 12:32 »

Thanks simon.

I havent raced but think its awesome that someones taking time out to organise such events.

Wasnt trying to be harsh just trying to raise it before forestry kick off, im am certain their are also many other riders who put just as much effort in to wharncliffe whether its digging or organising events. it just looked a mess.

Happy newyear
simonm
WRC member
Elite

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: 12 Jan 11, 17:50 »

happy new year m8
kunoichi
Senior

Respect: +3/-0

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: 16 Jan 11, 20:37 »

Hi,

I was disappointed to see the tape left behind too. I took quite a lot down today. Whoever left it there clearly wasn't going to come back and do it themselves, as I first saw it a fortnight ago.

There's not much left now so next time just take down whatever will fit in your pocket or bag. Only takes a couple of minutes out of your ride and means that Wharncliffe is smartened up for everyone.

:-D
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Home Help Search Arcade Login Register
Get a free giffgaff Sim