home
home|galleries|calendar|racing|riding|workshop|scene

:: What's new? ...
:: Gallery Image ...
 Random Image...
Gallery 58 - 4 / 11
:: Search the site ...
Home Help Search Arcade Login Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: DH in Spain, recommendations for guided holidays please  (Read 1331 times)
jon2
Master

Respect: +8/-11

Referrals:

View Profile WWW Email
« on: 26 Aug 08, 17:49 »

Well not necessarily only DH but we're looking to go away over Christmas (it's the only time of year we can close with no-one complaining!) for some riding in Spain where hopefully it will be reasonably warm. Does anyone have any recommendations for who to go with? Looking for good trails, pointing down but don't mind if we have to ride up some stuff too.

thanks

jon
Phil
Administrator
Elite

Respect: +112/-14

Referrals:

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: 26 Aug 08, 18:08 »

Check out http://dhspain.com/

Domain name says exactly what you are after - it's run by the Deacon brothers. You may have seen Tom putting fastest time of the day in at Pearce races!  I'd drop them a line and see what they can offer.

steveh
Parkwood Rider
Expert

Respect: +15/-23

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: 26 Aug 08, 22:14 »

I went with switchbacksdh in february this year. The riding is great, the organisation a bit spanish - it's all quite laid back and seems unorganised but works ok. Uplift was all in vans as the chairlift is quite a bit of hassle and only links to a few runs. We hit loads of different courses and venues over the week. I'll go back again sometime but am planning a winter trip to finale ligure this winter instead.
nickoli
Junior

Respect: +0/-0

Referrals:

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: 2 Sep 08, 17:29 »

I've never been myself but have heard very very good things from all my mates who have been to switchbacks, they all came back wanting to go again!

http://www.switch-backs.com/

I met the guy who runs it and his wife (sweedish, amazing tits!) at the Mega over the summer and they were lovely and very persuasive. I'll be heading out in sping next year hopefully!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Home Help Search Arcade Login Register